Monday, September 5, 2011

In the Worst of Times - Life After Love

It's what we do in the worst of times that tells the world who we really are.

I've found more happiness in the 9 years I spent with you, than most people find in a lifetime. -me (Dedicated to my late husband Jason who died from Melanoma in 2009)

I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake.

What do you do when you become too scared, too scared to live, too scared to die, too scared to love, too scared to even care?

Beware the person that has nothing to lose.

It's hard to answer the question "what's wrong" when nothings right.

Sometimes it hurts more to smile in front of everyone, then to cry all alone.

Kindness is the strongest indicator for a successful long-term relationship.

Love means you connect with someone spiritually, intellectually and emotionally.

The perfect person for you thinks as highly of you as you do of them.

You can never be loved for your successes - only for your vulnerabilities.

As I grow older I pay less attention to what men say. I just watch what they do. -Winston Churchill

You don't have to chase butterflies. If you take care of your garden, they will come to you.

If the world doesn't understand then the world has to learn.

You heal the world when you begin to heal yourself.

Where ever I am I always find myself looking out the window wishing I was somewhere else. -Angelina Jolie

I'm so happy, cause today I found my friends, they're in my head. -Kurt Cobain

One morning you wake up afraid to live. -Prozac Nation

What is depression really? Is there one concrete definition, or has the meaning loosened as our generation has continued it's downhill descent? To me, depression is simply my life. I'm not suicidal. I'm not a cutter. I don't hate the world. I don't dress completely in black. I'm just sad. I've been sad for what feels like my entire life, but that's not true. I was happy once and I can vaguely remember what it felt like, but I can't touch it. I can't get that happiness back, I don't know how. That's what depression is to me, knowing what happiness is, but never being able to touch it, to feel it. -Jenny Leigh

You say I'm always happy, and that I'm good at what I do, but what you'll never realize is, I'm a damn good actress too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Debby - Though we've never met or spoken, we are connected by Jason. Jason and I worked together on the Sys Admin team and shared a lot of similar interests. My coworkers and I often talk about Jason and how sad we are that he is gone, what our work life would be like if he were still around, and how awesome it would be. Anytime we look at his empty seat in our office we just shake our heads in disbelief. To have had him as such an integral part of your life for so long, I can't imagine the emptiness you must feel. I can tell you that there are others out here in the world that miss him too and my heart goes out to you for your loss. Every time I see a Nissan XTerra on the road I just have to say, "poop-terra" quietly to myself and smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike - Thanks for your comment! It brought a smile to my face to remember Jason's Goodrich shenanigans. He talked of you often...always referring to you by your last name. I can't believe it has been almost 5 years that Jason has been gone. I still walk in to our condo expecting to see him sitting on the couch playing video games. I imagine it is the same at work when you see his empty chair. This time of year is the hardest of all, but it also brings back many wonderful memories. I will be spending tomorrow with his parents and his aunt and uncle, which I always look forward to. Please tell Devon and Zack that I said "hi". Oh, and I still drive the "poop-terra", haha...so you might be saying that when you see me driving down the road in his old car :)
    Merry Christmas! And thanks for letting me know you guys miss him. I miss him dearly every day.

    ReplyDelete